Tartar build-up is one of the common causes of gum problems. Mouthwashеs with agеnts like zinc, certain enzymes, and essential oils hеlp control tartar buildup. This blog introducеs thе top 10 mouthwashеs for tartar, thеir rolе in prеvеnting and trеating gum disеasеs by controlling plaquе thereby formation of tartar and improving oral hеalth.
An antiseptic antiplaque anti-tartar solution that can help with teeth whitening. It contains chlorhexidine which helps kill the plaque and tartar-causing bacteria and provides you with white teeth and fresh breath.
- Helps prevent plaque and tartar formation.
- Prevents teeth staining.
- Prevents harmful bacteria.
- Not for long-term use.
- Can affect the healthy bacteria in the mouth.
It claims to be a natural and ayurvedic mouthwash. The Main ingredient is papain enzyme derived from papaya, which some claim to remove tartar and stains. States to provide a fresh minty breath. Claims to kill 99.9% of bacteria.
- Helps remove tartar and stains.
- Alcohol-free, chemical-free.
- Provide a fresh breath.
- Reduces plaque and cavities.
- Improves gum health.
- Very few people have purchased this.
- Natural ingredients might not be suitable for some.
This teeth Whitening Mouthwash is packed with natural ingredients like Activated Charcoal, Papain Enzymes (Papaya Extract), and Bromelain Enzymes (Pineapple Extract), to gently whiten the teeth by reducing tartar and stains. It also contains Vitamin C, E, and probiotics, promoting a healthy oral microbiome. There’s also Nano-Hydroxyapatite and Hyaluronic Acid which help remineralize enamel and fight plaque, while the refreshing Peppermint & Spearmint provides a fresh breath.
- Helps reduce tartar build-up.
- Removes teeth stains and whitens teeth gently.
- Enriched with vitamins and probiotics for a healthy oral microbiome.
- Contains Nano-Hydroxyapatite for enamel remineralization.
- Hyaluronic Acid fights plaque and acts as an anti-gingivitis agent.
- Vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, and toxin-free.
- Safe to use and FDCA-approved.
- Charcoal particles may be abrasive in the long run.
- Not suitable for children under 12 years of age.
This mint flavourеd mouthwash contains flouridе and thus hеlp prеvеnt cavitiеs and contains zinc to fight plaquе bactеria and reduce tartar build-up thus improving gum health. It’s thus a good solution for pеoplе with bracеs.
- Reduces tartar formation.
- Cavity prеvеntion.
- Rеducеs gum problеms
- Rеducеs plaquе.
- Soothеs sеnsitivе tееth.
Contains the goodness of zinc, copper, and magnesium along with natural ingredients like aloe vera and L-arginine. This mouthwash claims to be zero toxin, alcohol-free, and vegan-friendly. It claims to reduce plaque and tartar build-up and stains thus whitening the teeth and preventing gum problems
- Zinc copper magnesium Removes plaque and prevents stain formation.
- Reduces tartar build-up.
- L-arginine helps prevent cavities.
- Aloe Vera keeps the gum moist.
- Suitable for people with dry mouth and thus prone to staining.
- Some users found it cost-effective.
- Many users complained of unpleasant aftertaste.
- Low-quality packaging is what a few users noticed.
A new brand in the market that claims to not only whiten the teeth but also to provide complete oral care. It uses all-natural ingredients, one of which is bromelain which helps prevent plaque, tartar, and stains from forming. It claims to be suitable for ages above 6 years. A pack of 2 is available at a reasonable price.
- Claims to reduce new tartar formation.
- Claims to gently remove stains.
- Helps with enamel remineralization.
- Prevents cavities.
- Improves gum conditions.
- Claims to provide Fresh breath.
- The effects of natural ingredients in preventing gum problems need more studies.
An antiplaque tartar mouthwash with natural ingredients to help reduce plaque, tartar, and stain formation thereby whitening the teeth. This alcohol-free solution can also help with bad breath and dry mouth thus providing overall oral care.
- Removes plaque and tartar.
- Prevents stains.
- Helps Whiten teeth.
- Provide fresh breath.
- Suitable for people with dry mouth.
- Also helps reduce bad breath-causing bacteria.
- Natural ingredients may cause irritation to some people.
Compared to previous alcohol-containing Listerine, this one is alcohol-free and mainly contains essential oils and flouride. The essential oil helps remove tartar and plaque, a contributing factor to stains. This product promises to give complete oral care.
- Some users even stated that it helps with tartar removal.
- Prevents stain by preventing plaque formation.
- Some users mentioned the fresh feeling in the mouth.
- Helps with gum health.
- Some individuals found essential oils irritating to the mouth.
An alcohol-free cool mint flavored mouthwash enriched with Lactoferrin for healthy teeth and gums. This fluoride-free and sugar-free mouthwash effectively fights plaque, prevents dental caries, and helps prevent bad breath. It provides a refreshing cool mint flavor without any burning sensation.
- Enriched with Lactoferrin for healthy teeth and gums.
- Effective against plaque and tartar with zinc citrate.
- Dental caries prevention with xylitol and fluoride.
- Helps prevent bad breath.
- Alcohol-free formula eliminates burning sensation and dryness.
- The antimicrobial properties of Lactoferrin provide antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal, and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Xylitol, in the long term, can cause gastric issues.
- Allergies may be experienced.
- Zinc citrate can stain teeth.
A potent solution that promotes fresh breath and optimal oral health. This mouthwash utilizes the beneficial properties of Lemon, Tea Tree, Peppermint, and Spearmint essential oils to provide long-lasting freshness after each rinse. Essential oils help prevent tartar build-up. It claims to offer continuous control over bad breath, safeguard against harmful bacteria, and does so without causing any burning sensation or unpleasant aftertaste.
- Tartar reduction because of essential oils.
- Provides 24/7 control over bad breath.
- Alcohol-free formulation.
- Contains a clinically proven probiotic strain that promotes a healthy oral microbiome.
- Hyaluronic Acid effectively removes plaque and acts as an anti-gingivitis agent.
- Vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, and free from toxins.
- Claims to use 100% non-toxic ingredients, devoid of artificial sweeteners and harmful additives.
- Long-term use of hyaluronic acid may be abrasive to teeth.
- Lemon oil and spearmint oil can potentially trigger irritations and allergies in some individuals.
Using mouthwash for tartar will only reduce the chances of tartar buildup and won’t remove existing tartar formed. So it’s important to get a professional cleaning done every six months to remove existing tartar and use these mouthwashes as an addition to the oral care routine. Doing so will help reduce the accumulation of tartar and prevent gum disеasеs.