Taking care of your kid’s baby teeth is important for the formation of permanent teeth. Maintaining good oral hygiene by brushing your teeth helps prevent tooth decay and will not harm your permanent teeth. The brushing should begin as soon as the first tooth erupts. Parents need to supervise the brushing technique until the age of 5. Choosing a toothbrush for your kid is as important as it comes with age, different sizes, and shapes. Here are 10 toothbrushes, which are described below.
- How do you choose the correct toothbrush for your kid?
- Colgate Batman Toothbrush for Kids
- Oral-B Kids Electric Rechargeable Toothbrush
- Chicco Toothbrush for Kids’ Oral Care
- Evvorio U-shaped Toothbrush
- Agaro REX Sonic Electric Kids Toothbrush
- Caresmith Spark Junior Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush for Kids
- Cartoon-style electronic automatic toothbrush for kids
- LuvLap Bubbles Kids Toothbrush
- Agaro Rex Dlx Sonic AA Battery Electric Toothbrush for Kids
- Baybee Ultra Soft Baby Toothbrush
How do you choose the correct toothbrush for your kid?
Following are the points you need to keep in mind:
- There are different toothbrushes available according to the age of the child.
- Correct size and shape of the head.
- Length of handle for better and comfortable grip.
- Some toothbrush has toothpaste indicator.
This is a dentist-recommended brand and is approved by IDA. This is an electric toothbrush. This toothbrush makes brushing more fun for your kid than a manual toothbrush.
- It has a small U-shaped head with an oscillating power that reaches every area around your tooth and cleans the tooth surface effectively.
- It has extra-soft bristles, which help with gentle cleaning and remove plaque effectively.
- This toothbrush has a slim and flat handle for better comfort and grip.
- Replaceable batteries are included in the product.
- This toothbrush helps to protect against bacteria, take care of gums, and clean every corner of your teeth.
- This toothbrush comes with different cartoon characters.
- This toothbrush is suitable for kids older than 3 years.
- Not able to change brush heads.
- It is not waterproof.
This is a dentist-recommended brand. This is a battery-powered electric toothbrush. This toothbrush has a feature called sensitive mode, which cleans the teeth gently.
- It has a round small head and extra soft bristles that removes plaque and cleans the surface of the tooth and gums.
- This toothbrush has four different stickers that are attached to the brush handle. They can be changed according to the kid’s favourite character.
- It is built by Disney Magic Time, and when a kid completes the two minutes of brushing, they earn free stickers of the character from the app store on Apple and Android.
- The rechargeable toothbrush has an eight-day charge.
- There’s a charging case along with the product, which can fit easily anywhere.
- This toothbrush has different characters from the animation that you can choose from.
- This toothbrush is recommended for kids older than 3 years.
- May be big for young children.
This toothbrush is recommended for baby teeth. It has tapered bristles that are ultra-thin for effective cleaning.
- This toothbrush doesn’t absorb water, so it remains soft.
- It is ergonomic in shape for a better and more comfortable anti-slip grip.
- It has a round head and a thin neck suitable for the baby’s teeth.
- The neck is slightly angled so that it is easy to reach the back area of the mouth.
- Brush cover is included in the product.
- It comes with different colours and different characters for a fun time during brushing.
- Kids with sensitivity might feel bristles hard and get hurt.
This toothbrush is soft and comfortable for baby teeth and gums. This is a silicone toothbrush that contacts the teeth and gums at 45 degrees and cleans teeth deeper and more effectively.
- The ergonomic U-shaped head is suitable for the child’s sensitive teeth and gums.
- This uses food-grade silicone, which is a safe and odourless material and contains no other ingredients.
- It provides 360 degrees total cleaning of the mouth and helps to clean the teeth properly.
- It has attractive appearance and so makes brushing for child in more fun way.
- It is suitable for the age from 2 to 6 years.
This is built by the sonic technology which generates 38000 strokes per minute for the effective cleaning. The nylon DuPont brush head is designed for the perfect fitting to the shape of the teeth. There are three different brushing modes: soft, white, and massage.
- It removes seven times more plaque than another toothbrush.
- The battery lasts for about 21 days with just 4 hours of full charge.
- It has a feature of 2-minute automatic turn off timer. Every 30 seconds, it reminds you to move to the next area of the mouth.
- This is a waterproof toothbrush with IPX7 technology.
- Two interchangeable heads, one brush cover, a charging cable, and a protection case come with the product.
- This is recommended for children older than 3 years.
- Need to buy brush heads separately once they are worn off.
- Expensive toothbrush.
This toothbrush has six different modes. The first is high intensity, used for superior cleaning, and is suitable for children from 8 to 12 years old. The second one is medium intensity, used as an everyday mode, mostly for children from 5 to 7 years of age. Third one is low intensity; recommended for first time user and for child from age 3 to 5 years, offers gentle yet effective cleaning. Fourth one is gum care; used for massage of gums. The fifth is sensitive care, used for sensitive teeth and gums. The sixth one is deep cleaning, used for deep cleaning of plaque and stain buildup.
- It removes, cleans, and massages all the food debris, plaque, and stains from the tooth surface.
- It has feature of smart timer of 2 minutes. After every 30 seconds, it reminds you to change the area of the mouth for proper, effective cleaning.
- It has ultra Dupont bristles used for the gentle cleaning and remove the lodge food between the teeth, stimulates the saliva production, and protects from the bacteria and prevent the decaying of tooth.
- It is waterproof and kid-friendly.
- Sometimes bristles only vibrate and don’t rotate for cleaning.
This toothbrush has extra-soft, multi-height bristles.
- It has a small, oscillating head.
- The handle is non-slip for comfortable control and grip.
- There’s a suction cup for better storage.
- It has a tongue scraper behind the head.
- It is suitable for children older than 5 years.
- Sometimes the head doesn’t rotate.
It has a small head with 33 tuft bristles, which help in the effective cleaning of every corner of the tooth and help to remove the plaque gently.
- It has a unique bubble-shaped, wavy handle for an easy grip.
- The toothbrush has attractive colours with polka dots, which make the child engage and enjoy the brushing in a fun way.
- This toothbrush has a toothpaste indicator.
- It has a suction base for storage.
- This toothbrush is suitable for children older than 3 years.
- It doesn’t last longer.
This toothbrush has six cleaning modes: clean, sensitive, massage 1, massage 2, massage 3, and polish. It has sonic technology, in which it rotates 40.000 strokes per minute for proper and deep cleaning.
- The head with soft bristles is used to gently remove the plaque for effective cleaning.
- The toothbrush adapts to the tooth for thorough cleaning.
- It has a smart timer feature of 2 minutes, and it turns off automatically. It has a reminder every 30 seconds to change the area of the mouth.
- It is a waterproof toothbrush and kid-friendly. It comes with a one-year warranty. It is recommended for children over 3 years of age.
- The head doesn’t rotate.
This is a baby toothbrush and is recommended for children from 6 months to 18 months.
- It is made up of polypropylene material and ultra-soft nylon tapered bristles.
- The handle is soft, compact, and skin-friendly.
- The neck is slightly angled so that it is easier to reach the back of the tooth.
- There’s no damage to the gums, and it’s comfortable for the teeth and tongue.
- It helps with oral hygiene from the beginning of the eruption of first tooth.
- It might be big for a young child.