Toothbrushes play a vital role in maintaining oral hygiene. It helps to remove debris, food stuck on or between teeth, and plaque from the surface of the teeth. Brushing your teeth gives you fresh breath and a brighter smile. The toothbrush comes in different sizes, shapes, and brands. Here are 10 manual toothbrushes for you to choose from.
- What to look for a toothbrush while buying?
- Top 10 manual toothbrushes to be considered:
- Colgate Gentle Ultra Foam Ultra Soft Bristles Manual Toothbrush
- Oral-B Criss Cross Gum Care Toothbrush
- Sensodyne Sensitivity and Gum Toothbrush
- Pepsodent Gum Expert Toothbrush
- Boao Soft Micro-Nano Toothbrush
- Dentaids Stim Unique MB Toothbrush
- Vi Brush Extra Soft Toothbrush
- Colgate Gentle Enamel Ultra Soft Bristle Toothbrush
- Oral-B Soft Toothbrush with Neem Extract
- Sensodyne Deep Clean Toothbrush
What to look for a toothbrush while buying?
- Type of toothbrush
- Size and shape of bristles
- Size and shape of the head
- Handle size and length for a comfortable grip
Top 10 manual toothbrushes to be considered:
This toothbrush has a new patented Belgium bristle technology that helps with high-performance foaming for superior cleaning. Also, it has a special feature of sensorial foaming that helps to remove plaque, polish teeth, and massage gums. This toothbrush is approved by the IDA.
- It has around 5000 bristles, which are ultra-soft in nature and clean the surface of the teeth effectively.
- These tapered bristles help to reach the deep areas and clean effectively.
- The small and round head helps to reach the back of the tooth and cleans every area around the tooth.
- It has also been patented for petal-shaped tufting, which reduces pressure on the gums.
- The bristles might wear off if used with more pressure.
- Durability is not strong enough.
This toothbrush has a feature called criss-cross bristles, which clean more effectively than normal manual bristles. The criss-cross bristles are angled at 16 degrees so that the bristles get between the tooth and the gumline to remove the plaque.
- This toothbrush has a special feature called indicator bristles. This feature changes the color of the bristles from green to yellow when it’s time to change the toothbrush.
- The bristles are round-ended, which is gentle on the teeth and gums. The power-tip bristles help to clean the area that is hard to reach.
- It improves the health of gum in four weeks.
- It also helps to remove the external mild stains and polishes the teeth.
- It doesn’t last long.
- Some people who have sensitive teeth would find the bristles hard.
This toothbrush is specifically designed for people with sensitive teeth and gums. This toothbrush, without excess pressure, cleans the teeth and removes plaque effectively.
- This toothbrush has round and tapered bristles.
- The soft round bristles provide gentle and effective cleaning, while tapered bristles allow three times more reach along the gumline and to the deeper areas where it is difficult to reach.
- The toothbrush has a flexible duo flex neck, which bends when extra pressure is applied, protecting against overbrushing.
- This toothbrush is recyclable.
- When excess pressure is applied, the flexible neck bends out of shape.
This toothbrush is made especially for the protection of the gums along with the cleaning of the teeth.
- This toothbrush has a three-angled neck that helps clean hard-to-reach areas.
- This helps in effectively cleaning on and around the tooth.
- This has a special feature of unique micro-bristle technology, which splits the bristle into multiple bristle tips for a cushioning effect.
- It massages the gums and helps improve their health.
- Some might face that bristles are hard to clean.
This toothbrush is designed with nano technology so it is suitable for people having teeth sensitivity or fragile teeth.
- It has 20,000 soft micro-nano bristles, which clean smoothly on the surface of teeth as well as below the gumline.
- Due to the soft nature of bristles, there are fewer chances of getting enamel wear off.
- It helps prevent recession from aggressive brushing and cleans the interdental area.
- It has a small head, so it can reach every area in the oral cavity and prevent gum diseases and tooth decay. This toothbrush also helps with tongue cleaning.
- Sometimes it doesn’t clean away all the plaque and debris
- The bristles might wear off with four or five times if used with pressure.
This toothbrush has a compact head and tufted, super soft bristles. This small head helps to reach the last molar, and the bristles remove the plaque effectively and clean the surface of the teeth.
- It is also gentle on the gums with no pressure.
- It also cleans the anterior teeth from the inside, so the chances of plaque formation on the inside surface are less.
- A mouth brush comes along with the product, and it helps to clean the overlapped or crowded teeth.
- poor grip of handle
This toothbrush has soft micro-bristles, which help with gum health and protect the tooth enamel from wearing off.
- There are around 10000 zig-zag-patterned bristles, which help for effective cleaning, remove plaque and food from between the teeth, and also remove plaque from the gumline.
- This helps in the prevention of tooth decay and gum diseases.
- The bristles penetrate each enamel crevice and remove the plaque and debris. The brush head has a tongue cleaner on the back.
- The brush size has reduced
This is specifically designed to protect the tooth enamel. The ultra-soft bristles will not wear off the tooth enamel. It has a dual-layer bristle technology, which will help to cover all the areas of the teeth for better brushing.
- It is effective for people with sensitive teeth and gums.
- It has a wide brush head. This will prevent tooth decay, gum diseases, or tooth wear.
- It reaches to six times hard-to-reach areas.
- Also it has flexible neck and so reduces less pressure on gums.
- All the Colgate products are approved by the IDA and recommended by the dentist.
- People with sensitive teeth might feel bristles not soft enough
- Slippery grip
This toothbrush has Z-shaped bristles, which help to clean around the tooth and also below the gumline.
- The bristles are infused with neem extract and are soft on the gums.
- The toothbrush has a tongue cleaner on the back of the head, so it helps with tongue cleaning and fresh breath.
- Oral-B is the world’s first recommended brand by the dentist.
- Hard toothbrush
This toothbrush has bristles with extra soft and microfine tapered filaments, which help in interdental cleaning along with the cleaning of teeth and gums.
- By using this toothbrush, you can clean the teeth around thirty-eight percent more than the regular toothbrush. and four times better at reaching the gumline than any other toothbrush.
- The densely packed bristles at the base will remove the plaque, while the tapered bristles on the top will clean around the gumline and interdental areas.
- A bit expensive